Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Liz... An update




Ok so I haven't updated any of you for a long while.
What am I up to? Grandma Knell asks me this quite a lot and I love her for keeping tabs on me. So the newest thing is that I am moving in with my parents over the next two weeks. I hate packing so it's a very slow going process. But I'm excited because I have been going to my ward (The Holladay 30th ward) for about 6 months now up there and I can't wait to move closer and actually get to spend time with some of my new found friends up there. I have been working for my lovely cousin Sarah lately and helping her get out her orders. It's been really fun to see all the work she puts into her prints. Her kids are great and I also get to play with them a lot.
As most of you know I started out with 2 hamsters and now have 15! This isn't counting the batch of 6 I've already given away. They are fun little pets and keep me happy and not so lonely. I just finished helping out on a BYU film called "Best Wishes, Love Adele" that is written and Directed by my beautiful friend, Whitney Donald. I was the Key hairstylist and even some days took a turn as the Key Makeup artist. Those pictures you see up above are from one of the days of filming. We all were extras in the scene set in the 40s. I love to climb under giant plastic urns after a 13 hour day. Seriously though, working on a film is great fun. I even had a small role as a waitress in one of the scenes. I have met amazing people and I can't wait to do something like that again. I have been going to the gym and am excited to move to Salt Lake because I have found a gym by my parents that is even closer and is HUGE with my favorite feature... The Cardio Cinema room. Watching movies while you have to exercise is a great way to forget that you are moving your legs and it keeps you motivated.
I am excited because my stake is having a roadshow on March 1st (Happy Birthday Mica) and my parents ward is doing "It's a hard Knock Life" from "Annie" and my ward (the only singles ward in the bunch) is doing "Goin' Court'in" from "Seven brides for seven brothers." I am excited to be one of the brides. It's going to be great and pretty funny. So if you want to come that is at Olympus High in Holladay on March 1st at 7:00.
I love my life right now. It's very hard I have to admit, full of tough choices but it really is great. I have the gospel and I love every bit of it. I love my family and am greatful to both of my grandparents. Especially at this time to my Draper grandparents for letting me live in their house the last little while. They have been amazingly generous! Anyway this is kind of all over the place. I am writing this quite late but who knows, I may edit later. I may also add more because I know I've forgotten stuff. Thanks to everyone for being there for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Found you!

Sage said...

This answers where you are moving. Hadn't read this post before I commented on your room.

Sounds great. Toby comes home so soon. I hope we make it out to Utah to visit this summer.