Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I am proud to be Mormon

I have been seeing some very sad and upsetting things in the media lately regarding my faith. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints I am also known as a Mormon. I am proud to be so called. As Mitt Romney is running for president I see that there is a lot of hate and negativity out there about our religion. This makes me sad and sometimes hurt by some of the things I have read. I do not want to participate in the negative comments added on Youtube or any other internet site. I am not here to state my political views instead I would like to bear my testimony!

I am so grateful to be a member of this true gospel. I love the savior Jesus Christ and for his atonement. I try to be like him more and more each day and hope that one day I can live with him again. I am grateful for the True Living Prophet on this earth today President Gordon B. Hinckley. He is an amazing man! I love the temples, I can't wait to be sealed to an eternal companion there one day. It's so amazing that we can be with our family forever if we live righteously! I love my family so much and am proud of my brother Toby for serving a full time mission in Madagascar. Toby is such a great example to me. I love my sister and her husband Phil and their two sweet daughters. What would I do without family?! My Mom and Dad are such great examples to me of love and friendship and they are always there when I need a shoulder to cry on and a bit of advice (or a lot), I have amazing siblings, I come from a family of 8 children and have no need to ever be alone. Each and every one is an important part of my family and it wouldn't be the same without anyone. I have an amazing extended family as well on both sides. Handfuls of Aunts and Uncles and a “Big Fat Greek Wedding” amount of cousins. The Book of Mormon is True! So is the Bible and I love both books dearly and read every night. I hope to gain a better understanding of both. I'm grateful for the opportunity to pay tithing. I pay 10 percent of my income to the church and have received so many blessings from this. When I am a full tithe payer I always have enough money miraculously for everything that I need. I am grateful for fast offerings and the church welfare program. My family has been personally blessed multiple times and it's humbling to receive food and necessities from the church. I really am so proud to be a Mormon. I have an amazing life and I know I wouldn't without this gospel. The savior is my brother and I love him so much and I hope I can be an example to others of his great love. This is the true church and for all these things again, I am grateful and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Thank you for that Lizzie! What a great way to start the day!

Hannah S said...

Thank you for sharing, Liz! What a sweet idea.