Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Photographer

For a long time I have wanted to be a photographer and that dream is almost a reality. I am in the long process of creating a portofolio. One of the main reasons it has taken me so long is I have a film camera only, I have been going to hair school for the past 2+ years and sadly, some poor self motivation but hey guess what! Life's short and I realize it's time to pick up my feet and start going on this "dream" of mine. I think now that I'm done with school (finally... sigh) it's time to take some more technical classes on photography. I am the kind of photographer who I think was gifted with an artistic sense of composition, however there is a whole lot more to the photography than that. I need to know lighting, equipment, what all those crazy buttons on the camera mean... When I am speaking with other photographer's they will say things like "Yeah I have a double wammi d52 blah blah blah kind of camera" and I just simply smile and nod and pretend like I know what the heck they are talking about! It's so sad, I need to learn more. But I am armed with a dream and I am ready to go out there and be a great photographer and hey I even have some good pictures already!
So wish me luck, here I go!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Megan said...

Good luck, Liz! You will be great! Those pictures rock!

Brooke said...

Whoa...you took those with a film camera? I agree with Megan...you're great! Good luck!

M said...

Fantastic pictures. Which reminds me, do you have any from our wedding? I love the one you posted to facebook. But seriously, you are amazing. You're right though, we are all a little too jealous of Jesse's camera. :)

Sarah Jane said...

look at you! you are amazing! go for it! you have so many people to go to for advice and help! You definately have the eye!

wanna cut my hair?

Love ya
Sarah

Betsy Lee said...

Aren't you technically already fulfilling that dream?!? You take so many people's photographs and get paid to do it (and do a great job!) that I consider you already living that dream! But there's always room for improvement!

p.s. You didn't tell me you had a blog!!! Very cool!

Sage said...

Liz! Those wedding photos came out so nice. Congrats! You will do great!