Saturday, November 3, 2007

"A Happy Day at Grandma's house"


My sister used to say "Have a happy day at grandma's house" and that's exactly the kind of day I had. I got a call this morning from my dear grandma and she was requesting that I do her hair today. She informed me however that I was to not come through the front door but the back. She has for the first time in "20 years" cleaned her carpet so it was quite important for me to not track in leaves, dirt or anything else that might happen by walking on the newly cleaned carpet. I love doing my grandma's hair. We talk and laugh during the process and she constantly checks to make sure that the rollers are properly rolled onto her hair and that they have the right tightness. Now grandma, of course it will fall out if you keep touching it. After rolling her hair into rollers, giving it an extra spritz of water and hairspray, I proceeded to eat my chicken pot pie (delicious) that I brought over and then to make Oatmeal Fudgeez. Grandma and I have decided this is now how we are to spell these delectable desserts. These consist of Peanut butter, chocolate and Oatmeal and they are so good that almost everytime i'm over there I am requested to make them. She was very good this time and wrote down the recipe which I have commited to memory.
Oatmeal Fudgeez:
3/4 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Cocoa
1/4 cup Milk
tbs butter ( I think, please correct me if I'm wrong)
mix together in saucepan into a sauce, turn on heat make sure not to burn (remind me to never write a recipe book)
Then add
1/2 cup PB
after mixing in the peanut butter, add
tsp Vanilla (the best is Mexican Vanilla but that's almost impossible to get, unless you have a friend down there)
then turn off heat and add
1 1/2 cup Oatmeal or more if you want.
So that's my wonderful recipe for my favorite quick little treat. if it's too confusing then call me.
So after eating 2 or three I decided to take on the task of teaching granny dearest the use of the internet.
So she now has a new e-mail address and we succesfully e-mailed my sister Micaela and to our excitement Mica wrote back!!!
I even gave grandma a quiz.
step one: double click Internet Explorer (grandma if you are reading this, you have passed!)
step two: Click on favorites (it's the one w/ the star next to it)
step three: click gmail!
She did quite well. I give her an A.
The next step was to add all the kiddies (that I know of) blogs onto her favorites.
After this wonderful accomplishment of learning the internet grandma made me watch the Utah Jazz game and scolded me for not keeping up on my sports and warning me that "You'll get boring and no boy will want to date you." I'm already in trouble for last time the BYU game was on.
I love my grandma, we are dear dear friends and I love every minute I spend with her. She is an amazing example of someone who lives the gospel and she has raised a wonderful family. I miss my grandpa Lee but I know he's looking down on us from heaven and he probably still chuckles at grandma.
Love you Grandma!

3 comments:

M said...

Great shot of grandma! Thanks for helping her write me an email. It made my day. I love that picture of you and the easel. Is that how you spell it, probably not. oh well.

Brooke said...

Hey Lizzie! I saw "Lizzie" on Megan's links and thought, "Could it be...my one and only Lizzie Draper!?!!?" And, it is! I haven't seen or talked to you in literally years! So...I'm excited that you have a blog! I do too...so, you'll have to check out pictures of our cute little girl, Ellee. You look so cute, bytheway! :)

Jacob said...

LIZZIE!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I found your blog on Mica's blog, and guess what? We have a blog too! its: www.jacobandcassiewalters.blogspot.com
You almost made me cry with your cute story/day with grandma!!! and I can totally hear her saying that, "You'll be boring to boys..." comment ;) Oh how I love her too!! We're coming down for Thanksgiving next week! yay!! we're so excited to see the fam! Jake especially, he hasn't even seen Abe and Gretchen's new house!!! He's been way out of the loop -- poor guy! But we're very excited to get things going on our blog and try to stay updated for our loved ones like YOU!! See you next week!! xxoxoxo -cassie