Friday, July 18, 2008

I rather catch a duck otherwise titled Gone Fishin'


I want a pet duck

If any of you know me very well, then you will know that I detest eating fish. Not only do I not like eating fish but I also do not like touching fish. But even stranger still, I love fishing! My friend Otto took me fishing the other night. After hopping on over to Walmart to get a fishing license we headed up the canyon to Silver Lake. It was beautiful up there and we had about an hour and a half left of sunlight so we quickly pulled out the fishing rods and headed down the boardwalk. We arrived at the dock where there was a total of about 7 other men already fishing. They were a hoot. One kept bragging that he had already caught his limit (the limit is 4 at Silver Lake) and that he caught all his friends limits as well.
Otto tried out his new fly fishing kit but was later unimpressed. Another thing about me you need to know is although I enjoy fishing, I refuse to put the bait on the hook and even more disgusting to me is after catching the fish, pulling the hook out of this fish's mouth! This being said Otto set me up with a nice fishing pole already prepared to fish. He put the bait on the hook and tied all the knots to secure the hook and weights. So after a few (probably frustrating minutes) of watching me fish, one of the random guys (who later we knew as Nate) came over and told me he would help me catch a fish. Before you know it I caught 3 fish and Otto none. What a triumph. But just so Otto doesn't feel completely lame, really all I did was let Nate cast the fishing line, he'd watch for a bite, then he would yank the pole which at that point all I had to do was reel the fish in. So I didn't really catch fish but I sure felt special anyway as if I had. So after making the men do all the hard work (pulling out the hook, Otto gutting the fish) I have 3 fish in my fridge and no one to eat them. But I sure had fun, Thanks Otto!

p.s If anyone would like the fish leave me a comment :)


Fish #1 doing good

Fish #2 They made me hold it, Yuck!

Tada! 3 fish

My fishing Teachers Otto and new friend Nate

Otto, the official fisherman

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ha ha ha! I'm just the opposite! I love eating fish, I don't mind holding them, but I won't catch one for anything! I just can't kill an animal! We make quite the pair now don't we! XOXOXO

Rachel said...

Liz! You are such a cute fisherwoman! Who would have thought you could still look so good when you're holding a dead fish... :)

Lizzie. said...

Tiffany that's hilarious, we should go fishing together. I'll let you do the dirty work and I'll fish. Then you can eat them.
Rachel hehe that comment made me laugh. I'm glad you think I look good holding a dead fish. Sadly at that point those fish weren't quite dead yet. Both of you should come fishing with me sometime. Lots of fun!

Jacob said...

Cute Pictures! I'm liking the blondeness! ;)

Can't wait to see you at the Reunion!

Hannah S said...

You look beautiful! Didn't you like fishing at Lake Powell? I remember so.

Krista said...

Liz Liz how are you crazy girl? Whats new in life? I have to say you are brave cuz you will never see me holding a fish... dead or alive!! but you look cute doing it!

monica said...

Hi Lizzie,
It looks like fishing was fun! I love fish. Sorry it has taken so long to write back to you! It's neat to see what you are up to. I'm doing well...cooking quite a bit and enjoying my town. I hope you are doing well!
your cousin,
Monica