Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!"

(day 3 continued - our lunch and walk down humiliating memory lane)

So I begin...
Many years ago in my life, I believe I was about 10 years of age, my family and I and a few of the Jarman kids went over to the happy land of Chuck-A-Rama. This is a rare opportunity in a family of 8 kids + guests to go out to eat. So let me just give you a brief explanation of this restaurant if you haven't had the pleasure to eat there. When you are little, and you walk into a room full of tables and tables of different kind of food, well, you are in heaven. Especially when you spot the all you can eat Ice Cream bar in the corner! After stuffing my face with mash potatoes, a variety of salads, meats, and rolls it is time to head over to paradise (aka the ice cream bar) At first I had one of my older siblings fill up a nice little cone of ice cream for me. Boy was it delicious! Then after building up courage and an appetite for more I decided I was capable enough to get another helping of ice cream. I pulled out the little kiddie cone (the size of a half slice of toast) Yanked on the lever and out came the ice cream. Bit by bit the cone filled to the top and more and more. Suddenly it was pouring over my cone gripping fist. The panic began and so did the screaming "I CAN'T TURN IT OFF! DADDY I CAN'T TURN IT OFF" Oh the eyes still boar into the back of my head this day! I think the whole restaurant could hear me screaming and crying. Luckily my brother came over and saved me, turned off the ice cream lever and we luckily had a bigger bowl to dump the now huge pile of ice cream into. So for years that has haunted me and I could never work in a McDonald's if I wanted to. But yes! On the trip to Idaho (ok and a handful of times before) I conquered my fears and successfully got my own ice cream with no mishaps. Thank you for tuning in. Don't mock me too badly ;)



The successful attempt, ok Sophie got this for me but that was out of laziness

and p.s... this is Sophie outside of the restaurant in 6 foot 9 inch, Ian's Jacket. What a Celestial Giant!

1 comment:

Hannah S said...

That's hilarious!
What's this about a new job? :)