Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Hamsters
















So here they are, my little family and the closest thing I have to children right now. These are my hamsters given to me for the trade of a few haircuts from my good friends Korban and Nessa.

You may be thinking, "Why in the world would someone own such a thing!" Oh come on, look at that face... Can you say no to a face like that? I think not. Ok the real reason started many years ago on a Christmas morning (at 3:00 in the morning to be exact) when Aunt Claudia came to spend Christmas with the Draper clan. Micaela woke us up claiming that Mom and Dad told us to open our presents without them. We ran downstairs where to my delight I had a little pet hamster. Now after about a half hour Aunt Claudia (refusing to open any presents) said "Shouldn't we still wait for your parents?" At which point Sascha had run upstairs and got Mom and Dad and needless to say Dad sent us all to our rooms and was pretty bugged as you can imagine when he saw that is was actually 3 in the morning. Aunt Claudia recalls feeling like she was being punished as well for being sent to her room. I know I don't have even half of the facts completely straight on that story but that doesn't matter. The thing is I couldn't go back to sleep for fear of my hamster being afraid, alone in the dark. That introduces you to Lisa, my pet hamster. Years have past and pets have come and gone and I haven't had any for the longest time. So when my friends told me that I could have two of their hamster babies I was very excited and I specifically asked for a boy and a girl because it might be fun to have babies one day. So here I am with 6 more hamsters. I've had to keep them a secret for about a month now because for Christmas I gave two to Thomas. Thomas has promptly named them Frances and Carl. It's another Merry Christmas with Hamsters. p.s. if you'd like to purchase a hamster from me I have 4 more at the price of 5 dollars each. Thanks for listening to my boring story.



1 comment:

Hannah S said...

wow! you're a parent! They are so cute! I love our hamsters growing up but must admit that I am not ready to own them again. I will wait until I have children old enough to take care of them. I am not responsible enough to take care of a toddler, a 1 year old, a husband and hamsters!